This message from Designer Smiles in Fargo is about the American Dental Association. You have probably seen the ADA symbol on toothpaste and floss—but what else do you know about this dental association?
The ADA’s self-proclaimed purpose is to improve the level of public oral health by supporting the dental industry through not-for-profit federal, state, and local societies. It was established in 1859 and is run by its members, which currently total over 160,000.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is not an endorsement of a product per se, but rather is a validation of the assertions made by said product. Companies who want the ADA certification for a product must submit proof of rigorous scientific testing. Once submitted, the ADA re-tests the product to further verify results. There are currently over 300 products with the ADA seal.
The ADA does more than assess dental products. Here are some other ways the ADA works to carry out its mission:
- Provides resources to support dentists and their practices
- Educates the public about oral health
- Works to expand access to dental care
- Offers counsel on critical issues that influence the dental industry
- Works with with other organizations on scientific research projects and public health initiatives
- Offers scholarships to dental students
At Designer Smiles in Fargo we offer our patients comprehensive general dentistry services. People from West Fargo and Moorhead come to our practice for dental implants, and much more. Call to schedule an appointment today!
Contact Designer Smiles:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):