Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Your wisdom teeth are the four permanent adult teeth located in the very back corners of your mouth on the top and bottom. They usually come in between the ages of 17 and 25. Wisdom teeth can be problematic because often, there simply isn’t room inside your mouth for them to grow. When they become wedged between another tooth and the jaw and fail to even break through the gum line, we say that the teeth have become “impacted.”
Why Remove Wisdom Teeth?
- Wisdom teeth often become impacted and cause severe pain.
- Sometimes, they should be removed because they are likely to become impacted.
- Because food particles can be easily trapped between a properly grown in wisdom tooth and the jaw, infections may occur frequently.
- Wisdom teeth can crowd and misalign remaining teeth.
- Wisdom teeth that to come in compeletely, are often misaligned and run against cheeks or tongue causing pain.
The Extraction Process
Wisdom tooth extraction is a surgical procedure to remove one or more wisdom teeth. It is a fairly common procedure, and in most cases, it is very simple. Occasionally other complications arise and extraction is more difficult. Wisdom teeth can come in sideways or be impacted which can make them harder to remove. But you can feel confident that Dr. Hetland at Designer Smiles is up for the challenge. He and his team are committed to providing you with the most stress free and painless experience possible.
We’re Here for You!
If you’ve been putting off getting your wisdom teeth, it’s time to relax and let our team take care of you. Whatever your situation, you can rest assured that at Designer Smiles you will receive the most up-to-date care available. Give us a call and come in for a consultation so that we can discuss the very best option for you.