How much do you know about gum disease? It’s a serious condition, but treatable at Designer Smiles in Fargo. Take the quiz below to test your knowledge.
1. Which of the items below are risk factors for gum disease?
2. Which of the following are possible signs of gum disease?
a. Teeth that seem to be longer
b. A change in the way dentures fit
c. Bad breath
d. Inflamed gums
3. Which of the things listed below are possible health issues linked to untreated gum disease?
b. Low birth weight babies
c. Parkinson’s disease
4. What percentage of people age 65+ have gum disease?
5. Which of the following treatments are used for gum disease?
a. Scaling and root planing
b. Gum grafts
c. Flap surgery
d. Flip surgery
1. All of the above. Pregnancy, menopause, or any other condition that causes hormonal changes is a risk factor as is any type of malocclusion.
2. All of the above. Note: some patients don’t see any symptoms.
The good news is that gum disease usually responds well to treatment, especially if caught early. We offer gum disease treatment at Designer Smiles in Fargo, along with general dentistry and a range of other procedures. Call for an appointment today!
Contact Designer Smiles:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):