During consultations at Designer Smiles in Fargo, we are often asked about the success rate of dentalimplants.
In case you are unfamiliar with implants, we’ll talk about what they are first.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a permanent replacement tooth root. It is implanted into the jaw and eventually fuses with the jawbone. This provides a durable, sturdy base for a porcelain crown or denture.
- Are durable and unmovable
- Blend perfectly with your natural teeth
- Help you speak and eat normally
- Prevent bone loss that can occur when a tooth is extracted
- Prevent the troubles associated with dentures
Dental Implant Success Rates
The dental implant procedure studies under real-world conditions have found a five-year success rate of 98%.
There are several things the patient can do to help ensure a successful procedure.
- Follow post-placement surgery instructions.
- Practice proper oral hygiene—keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy.
- Don’t chew on hard foods or other items. If you grind your teeth, pursue treatment.
- Have a biannual dental exam and cleaning.
Contact Designer Smiles:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):