Dental bonding is a popular cosmetic dentistry procedure at Designer Smiles in Fargo ND, but there are many patients who don’t know exactly what it is. In this blog post we explain seven ways dental bonding is used in cosmetic dentistry.
The procedure uses a tooth-colored material that is applied to the teeth while soft, like putty. Next, it is hardened with a special light. The material bonds with the tooth, and can be shaped and polished.
Dentists will consider the option of bonding for several problems. Our team has listed seven good reasons to consider the process below, in order to keep you informed.
- Decay: Bonding can help seal up cavities and protect from further damage.
- Chipping and Cracking: This effective process can cover up any damage to your teeth.
- Large Gaps: If there are large spaces between your teeth, it can mess with your smile’s aesthetic consistency; bonding can help!
- Receding Gums: When your gums recede, it leaves your teeth with less protection, and bonding is a perfect solution for this.
- Discoloration: Discolored teeth can also be improved using the bonding process.
- Shape: Since the material is easily shaped, teeth can be made to look longer, or just have the general shape changed.
- Confidence: If you have low self-esteem caused by your smile, bonding can help you like what you see when you look in the mirror!
Bonding is often used in tandem with teeth whitening to provide a true smile transformation. At Designer Smiles in Fargo ND, we’ve treated people from West Fargo and Moorhead, who also come to us for general and restorative dentistry. Request an appointment today!
Contact Designer Smiles:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):