TMJ / TMD Treatments
Conquer TMD Headaches In Fargo
Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMD) refers to problems with the jaw, the jaw joint (TMJ), and the surrounding facial muscles that control chewing and moving the jaw.
TMJ or TMD is an umbrella term that covers both acute and chronic pain in the jaw, teeth, face, head, neck, shoulders, and back. Other problems can include headaches, snoring, teeth grinding, ear infections, and restricted airways.
TMJ issues can be treated, but an accurate diagnosis is essential for effective treatment. The professionals at Designer Smiles in Fargo, near Moorhead, have been specially trained in diagnosing these kinds of TMD related problems and are ready to help you.
Symptoms Of TMJ and TMD
Any one or more of the following symptoms can indicate TMD. If you are experiencing any of them, call us today to schedule a time for a TMJ diagnosis.
- Pain in the jaw area
- Pain, ringing, or stuffiness in the ears
- Frequent headaches or neck aches
- Clicking or popping sound when you open or close your mouth
- Swelling on the sides of the face
- Muscle spasms in the TMJ area
- A change in the alignment of top and bottom teeth
- Locked jaw or limited opening of the mouth
Act Now & Stop Suffering
- TMD pain can unexpectedly escalate in a short period of time
- Many untreated TMJ patients show premature wear from grinding teeth
- Some TMJ patients favor one side or the other, which causes teeth to wear unevenly and unsymmetrical muscle tone
- Many patients don’t realize their headaches could be stopped by our cosmetic dentistry team
TMJ Treatment That Works
Generally, the first step for treatment is to measure the most relaxed position of your jaw to find its normal position. Then the dental work necessary to realign the bite and restore the teeth can be prescribed. Once your bite is realigned and the jaw is in place, the jaw pain that resulted from the imbalance will be reduced or, for many people, will disappear.
Don’t wait for TMD to become unbearable. If you think you may have this problem, give us a call today and we’ll help stop your headaches and TMJ pain in its tracks. We work with patients form all over the Fargo area, from Moorhead to West Fargo, so don’t suffer any longer!